i’m sick of all the insincere–
so i’m gonna give all my secrets away.
we all have secrets–who we love, who we dislike, what we regret, what we long for…tonight, i was thinking about some of my dreams, and some of the secrets i’d like to give away. so here they are for the taking:
- i wish i was better at reading people. maybe it’s being a girl, and maybe it’s being over-emotional, and maybe it’s the analytical nature of my mind…but i am absolutely terrible at reading people.
- after fighting with myself and debating and questioning, i’ve decided that i really want to get married and have kids one day. not tomorrow, probably not next year, but one day.
- despite what misti bailey says pertaining to #2, i would make a terrible preacher’s wife. in case you were wondering.
- i’m secretly a huge nerd and got really excited when i found joel green’s dictionary of jesus and the gospels among my packages in NC.
- i love my hometown, but i could never live there. i love south carolina, but columbia’s not really home anymore. i guess what i’m saying is that i’m not really sure where i’ll end up, exactly.
- sometimes i have to talk aloud as i write a paper. it helps me structure my thoughts and sentences.
- despite what lindsay evancho says about side bangs bringing all of our issues to a forefront…i really like having sidebangs.
- i’m kind of ashamed that i bought the new taylor swift album a few weeks ago. in my defense, it was only $3.99 on amazon that week.
- sometimes i wish i liked Gamecock football less. they steal, and then break, my heart. (in the past, they’ve also stolen, and broken into, other things…but i’d like to forget that).
- i spend too much time on dumb websites–postsecret, dear blank please blank, youtube, facebook….ehh.
- i want to be independent, and self-sufficient one day, and have a house and family to open up to others, the way the splawns have opened up their home and family to me.
- if i never ever had to drive again, i would be okay with that.
- as i learn more about theology and Scripture, i find myself wrestling with it and holding a lot of things in tension. both good things for me.
- i really think Peach Nehi and Cheerwine taste better out of a bottle, especially if that bottle came from Washburn General Store.
- in my head, i have the perfect life planned out for me–and most of the time, what God has given has been different…and better. for that, i am so grateful.